Monday, December 10, 2012

A Trip to Alto Pass




Name: Cammi Ruffino
Date: 11/19/2012-11/25/2012
Destination: Alto Pass
Latitute: 37 degrees N
Longitude: 89 degrees W
Trip Miles: 79.5 Miles
Total Miles: 7,777.46


During Thanksgiving break, Dolley and I visited the Quetil Trail in Alto Pass, IL. I enjoy hiking and walking the trails in the Shawnee forrest and Giant City, all near Alto Pass. 


Dolley and I left Mrs. Stearn's classroom and headed home to my apartment in Carbondale to get ready for our trip. Early Thursday morning we left for my hometown of Pinckneyville, IL. We ate a hearty meal and spent time with my family. They were getting ready to leave town, so Dolley and I had to babysit their dogs until their return on Sunday. Dolley had tons of fun playing with my two dogs and stealing all of their bones!


Finally, on Sunday we headed back home to Carbondale, but not without making a stop at our favorite places in Alto Pass. First we stopped at the Root Beer Saloon. Dolley and I enjoyed the best root beer float ever made. After our float, we headed out to the trails with my boyfriend. The Quetil Trail is a very scenic trail, featuring many bluffs, caves and cliffs. We climbed a few of these and Dolley had a great time.




No comments:

Post a Comment