Monday, December 3, 2012

Watch out Indianapolis, Dolley is hitting the town!

Name: Megan Byars
Date: October 26th and 27th
Destination: Indianapolis, Indiana
Latitude: N 39° 45.591567'
Longitude: W 86° 9.93084'
Road Trip Miles:  575 miles
Total Miles: 6728.56 miles

On October 26, 2012, my family and Dolley set out from my home for the National FFA Convention in Indianapolis, Indiana.  Dolley wondered why we would want to go to Indianapolis, so I explained to her that my brother, Matthew, was going to be receiving his American FFA Degree.  The American FFA Degree is a prestigious award that each year less than half of one percent of members of the organization receive, making it one of the organization's highest honors.  To begin the weekend, my family and I and Dolley, of course, decided that we needed to eat somewhere different while we were in town.  We decided on the Weber Grill, you can't see it in the picture but there is a huge red Weber grill on top of the sign. (I say lovingly that my mom is a terrible photographer.)
 After eating way too much wonderfully tasting food, we decided to walk around downtown Indy for a while.  This is when we passed the capitol building and couldn't pass up a photo-op for social studies class!


 On October 27th, we had to be at the Lucas Oil Stadium at 7 a.m. Indy time, which meant 6 a.m. our time.  Dolley, my sister Marissa, and I weren't very happy about the earliness of the occasion! Matthew's session started at 8 a.m. with over 3,000 recipients being named.  Needless to say, Dolley and I both took a nap, and those seats are NOT made for napping.  When Matthew was finally announced around 11:45 a.m. we were all ready to go.  Before we left we stopped to take a picture in front of the horse-shoe shaped Colts logo stage. 
 And before we headed home, Dolley insisted that Matthew take a picture with her outside of the Lucas Oil Stadium Gates.  Reluctantly, he complied.

No comments:

Post a Comment