Sunday, December 9, 2012

Name: Tyler Thomas
Date: 11/30-12/2 2012
Destination: Ferne Clyffe Goreville, IL
Latitude: 37.5 degrees N
Longitude: 88.9 degrees W
Trip: 57.7 Miles
Total: 1546.01 Miles



On Friday November 30th, Sir Francis and I went on a hiking trip to Ferne Clyffe in Goreville, IL. For it being the last day of November, the weather was absolutely gorgeous. Ferne Clyffe is a great place to hike, and Sir Francis and I were excited about our journey. The background behind Sir Francis and I is the highest point from Ferne Clyffe. It's a truly beautiful sight. Even though I don't know how far exactly, I do know that from this spot you can see for miles and miles. It takes a good amount of time to start from the bottom and walk all the way uphill to this point. It's a good fifteen to twenty minutes. By the time Sir Francis and I made it all of the way to the top of this point we were pretty wiped out. Luckily for us, there is a bench right next to this viewpoint. After resting for a few more minutes, Sir Francis and I walked around the park for about thirty to forty five more minutes climbing different rocks. Sir Francis and I were completely wiped out by the time we were finished. We headed back home to Carterville to rest up after an hour and fifteen minutes. Originally, Sir Francis and I were going to go to St. Louis, however those plans ended up falling through. That is the reason I decided to take Sir Francis to Ferne Clyffe. It ended up being a great trip and we had an excellent time.       Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment