Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dolley's a farm girl now!

Name: Megan Byars
Date: August 31st and September 1st and 2nd
Destination: Geff, IL and Van Buren, Missouri
Latitude:N 36° 59' 45.4994"
Longitude:W 91° 0' 53.5034"
Road Trip Miles: 769 miles
Total Miles: 7697.96 miles

To begin this Labor Day weekend trip, Dolley and I left from Carbondale and headed for my home outside of Geff, Illinois.  My mom was baby-sitting my cousin's two year old son on Friday so my sister and I decided to take him and Dolley for a combine ride with my dad.  Dolley was super excited about riding on a combine for the first time!


Once inside the cab, Dolley was entranced by watching the corn being cut, shelled, and conveyed into the combine.  
 The next day, Dolley left with a group of friends and me for a trip to Current River in southern Missouri.  We were celebrating the one year anniversary of my best friend and her husband with a float trip! On Saturday with left and drove all day until we made it to Van Buren.  Once there were set up our tents, built a fire and spent some quality time in some lawn chairs.  On Sunday, we got up early and got our raft and tubes and headed for the drop off.  We floated on the river all day and then headed back that night when we were finished.  Unfortunately, during this whirl-wind trip, Dolley forgot to remind me to take a few pictures with her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment