Monday, December 10, 2012

Sir Francis Becomes a Cheese Head!



Name: Sarah Kessler
Date: November 21st- November 25th
Destination: Lake Geneva, WI
Latitude: 42.5917° N
Longitude:88.4333° W
Round Trip: 1,201.4 Miles
Total Miles: 2,747.44 Miles


Sir Francis and I began our journey to Wisconsin on November 21st.  It's been three months since I've been home and I was very excited to introduce Sir Francis to my family and friends.  We left Mrs. Stearns class on November 15th and he stayed with me in my apartment until we packed our coats and headed up to the Badger State. Seven and a half hours later, we made it to my home in Lake Geneva, WI, where we visited with my family.  He was shocked how cold it was! We spent the next day stuffing our faces with turkey and home cooked food.  We spent Friday in Madison, WI and Whitewater, WI.  After doing a little Black Friday shopping, I introduced him to my friends and he enjoyed hearing all the northern accents. 




On Saturday, my sisters, my mom, Sir Francis, and I went to downtown Chicago to see The Christmas Carol at the Goodman Theatre.  After the play, we walked around Chicago, looked at all of the Christmas decorations, and went shopping.  This is a tradition the girls in my family and I do every year and I was excited to bring Sir Francis with me!  We were very tired after we spent the whole day in Chicago.  

 As much as Sir Francis enjoyed being a Cheese Head, we had to return to Carbondale on Sunday.  At 11:00 AM on November, 27th, we returned to Mrs. Stearns room, where we had to end our fun journey.
He had a stomach ache from eating too much cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment